What We Do
- Design strategic planning processes
- Analyze local/regional economies, including demographic and workforce conditions, to assess competitive strengths
- Analyze specific industries or clusters in terms of local relevance
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions in presentation and workshop formats
- Prepare SWOT or similar analyses of the status of the community
- Interview stakeholders
- Conduct competitive assessments of comparable/inspirational communities
- Analyze and advise on economic development organizational structures
- Prepare detailed action plans and documentation of methods and findings
- Consolidating views on economic development targets, issues, and approaches within a multi-community region, through executive interviews and summarizing written documentation (a).
- Relating a region’s existing economic base to its competitive environment and to emerging economic opportunities, in the form of strategic plan guidance.
- Establishing guidelines for the organization and management of economic development organizations (a).
- Documenting the changing state of the retail industry, in the face of Internet shopping, warehouse stores, and the like, and assessing the implications of these changes on a city’s retail environment (a).
- Documenting the prospects, challenges, and recommended solutions to developing and operating a business development center for an island-state with unique cultural influences on the conduct of business.
- Assessing the impacts of NAFTA on the Mexico-Canada border regions of western states.
- Preparing comprehensive strategic-plan based applications for major federal economic development programs (a).
- Preparing grant applications based on market-focused redevelopment plans.
- Assessing the extent and nature of job losses in specific Information industry sub-sectors, and potential remediation strategies (a).
- Conducting primary (survey-based) research into workforce composition and issues (a).
(a) Some or all projects through affiliation with The Natelson Dale Group, Inc.