Joe Collins’ professional career has involved him in a variety of both private and public projects in the Midwest and Southwest US. His varied experience includes: fiscal and land economic feasibility analysis, geospatial and descriptive data analytics, graphic presentation, market analysis, and the practice of urban planning and development, as summarized below.
- Analyzing required development improvements and associated costs pertaining to large tracts of land planned for single-family residential subdivisions and planned industrial pad sites.
- Analyzing costs/benefits of single-family residential development versus various commercial development options within a municipality.
- Analyzing the costs/benefits of annexation of established residential subdivisions.
- Conducting land use analysis and absorption studies, and real estate appraisal and market analyses.
- Geospatially analyzing building, property, land use, zoning, parking, traffic, demographic, economic, financial, tax, and other associated qualitative/quantitative data for various projects.
- Developing a Geographic Information System (GIS) relational parcel database for various properties located in a downtown area.
- Providing graphic support in the creation of various reports, exhibits, presentations, and other associated media used to present to the public, various boards and commissions, city councils, non-profit associations, and private clients.
- Providing project coordination for the creation of an interactive website for departmental customer service.
- Conducting research and technical analysis to evaluate findings and/or to take action on various real estate development applications, land use decisions, and processing other regulatory actions associated with the development of real estate.
- Designing marketing and relocation packages for potential businesses looking to purchase and/or lease property.
- Reviewing construction plans for conformance with applicable city regulations, policies, and requirements.
The Work described above was accomplished through a combination of public and private entities.
Mr. Collins obtained a M.B.A. from Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona, a M.R.C.P. in Regional and Community Planning from Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, and a B.S. in Geography/Community Planning from Kansas State University. In addition, he has completed coursework for general real estate appraisal at the Arizona School of Real Estate and Business.